Mandatory (online application)
- Curriculum vitae (CV): we do not require any special format
- Motivation statement: please enter your motivation statement directly into the online application. We recommend that you write it in advance – max. 4000 characters (incl. space) – and copy paste the text. You may also upload the text as pdf in addition.
Info: This letter should explain why you are interested in this particular master’s programme. In case you have a preference for your mobility track, please specify this in the motivation letter and why you would like to study at the respective universities.
- Copy of passport (ID page with photograph)
- Bachelor’s diploma/certificate (or equivalent diploma of a minimum of 180 ECTS credits)
Info: If you graduate after the application deadline, admission will be considered based on your university transcripts. Please indicate the expected date of graduation in the application. If you are admitted, the copy of your certified all your university diplomas will be needed by the end of August in order to be able to enroll you.
- Transcript of Records and/or Diploma Supplement if available
- GPA and information about the grading system used at your university
Info text: Please use the respective templates to be found under the Download section.
Mandatory in addition after successful selection for admission/enrolment:
- High school diploma (secondary school leaving certificate or equivalent) and translation into English if required.
- Official high school transcripts (and certified translation into English if necessary).
- Additional diplomas and certificates
- Proof of English proficiency
Info: In order for applicants to prove their command of English as the programme’s language of instruction and equaling a minimum of B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages , the following non-exhaustive list functions as point of reference:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL international): minimum score of 550 paper-based (or 213 computer-based or 80 internet-based);
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): minimum score of 6.5 (with no section less than 6.0);
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE): Grades A, B, C;
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE): Grades A, B;
- Certificates demonstrating that the applicant has studied for more than one year at or received a degree from a university at which English was the language of instruction;
- Oral assessment during the selection interview;
- Any other tests if assessed equivalent by the selection committee.
Certification of documents
As indicated above, some documents must be included as certified copies and certified translations in English AND in the original language. Documents issued in English or German must be included as certified copies only.
A certification can be made by any authority that has an official seal with a national coat of arms (in Germany, these are town halls, the police, courts, rectories, and notaries) or by the authority who issued the respective document. In the latter case, a stamp of the respective authority would be sufficient. Please see also the information provided by uni-assist: https://www.uni-assist.de/en/how-to-apply/assemble-your-documents/certified-copies-and-translations/
Applicants who earned their university degree in China are requested to submit an additional certificate from the Akademische Prüfungsstelle Peking (APS). For further information, visit: http://www.aps.org.cn
Applicants who earned their university degree in Mongolia are requested to submit an additional certificate from the Akademische Prüfstelle Ulan-Bator (APS). For further information, visit:
Applicants who earned their university degree in Vietnam are requested to submit an additional certificate from the Akademische Prüfstelle Hanoi (APS). For further information, visit:
Applicants who earned their university degree in India are requested to submit an additional certificate from the Akademische Prüfstelle (APS) India. For further information, visit: