University of Padua organizes the workshop series “How to be internationally Italian”
|25 Oct 2021
|25 Oct 2021
The internationalisation process and the increasingly global nature of our environment lead students to deepen their intercultural skills. The fact that people can speak to each other using a shared foreign language – mostly English – does not guarantee to understand. The importance of intercultural effectiveness means not only to properly handle intercultural encounters but also to increase awareness of one’s own culture and understand how one’s image is perceived by members of other cultures. Intercultural effectiveness can help to reduce prejudice and miscommunication.
The workshops series “How to be internationally Italian”, organized by the University of Padua and taking place in October and November 2021, provides a step towards fostering cross-culture understanding.
These dynamic workshops provide a safe space for conversations and increase awareness about intercultural attitudes. Cultural differences are a value to preserve. Learn how with our experts.
– Session 1 “Afternoon Chats with Veronica Costa and Lisa Griggio”, 11th October (4 pm CEST).
– Session 2 “Afternoon Chats with Veronica Costa and Lisa Griggio”, 18th October (4 pm CEST).
– Session 3 “The Mentorship Project: diversity as a source of enrichment”, 19th October (4 pm CEST).
-Session 4 “Padova’s handbook and Italian curiosities”, 26th October (5 pm CEST).
– Session 5 “Italian culture through the eyes of international students – do’s and don’ts with”, 9th November (4 pm CET).
– Session 6 “Ciao prof! Adapting to the demands and expectations of Italian academic culture”, 18th November (5 pm CET).
– Session 7 “Miss Understanding”, 24th November (5 pm CET).
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org