The University of Granada invites Arqus academics and researchers from all career stages to the Research Focus Forum “Artificial Intelligence and its applications” that will take place from 26th to 28th September in Granada.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a relatively recent technology that is currently having a major impact on all areas of life, not only industrial, but also social, and economic. It has applications in finance, national security, health care, criminal justice, transportation, and smart cities, and addresses issues such as data access problems, algorithmic bias, AI ethics and transparency.
This Forum aims to be a meeting point for researchers from the Arqus universities, and will focus on research in the area of AI and its applications. The objective is to create a friendly environment that could lead to the establishment or strengthening of scientific collaborations and exchanges among attendees.
The following topics are contemplated:
- AI in Digital Healthcare and Personalized Medicine: Active aging, Biomedical research, Connected health, Anthropology.
- Internet of (Robotic) things and 5G: Sensoring, Smart Cities / Homes, Industry 4.0.
- Finances and AI: Fintech, marketing, business management, governance.
- AI for Ethics and Law + FATE.
- AI for Civil engineering: Building, Transport, Energy.
- Sustainability and Development with AI: Green bonds, biodiversity, global change.
- AI in society: citizen science, cultural heritage, social networks & media, fake news.
- Educational AI: Educational Data Mining, Moodle Systems and Security, Teaching projects (Gamification), Students’ master’s thesis.
The workshop will be developed around these themes, with sessions over the three days in which at least 1 or 2 representatives from each university will participate. This will give participants the opportunity to share interests and goals, exchange ideas and identify common interests that might lead to future joint research activities. The goals of this event are also to develop cooperation between the Arqus members with a particular emphasis on transdisciplinary approaches, plan future answers to EU-funded calls for projects, and develop student exchanges.
Funding is available for travel and accommodation costs for participants from the Arqus universities. Please contact the Arqus Officer at your university.
Registration is open until 24th June by filling out this form. Please, note that this is a pre-registration or expression of interest and that an evaluation process of the applications will be carried out. The communication of the definitive selected candidates will be made by 15th July.
Requests for more information shall be sent to email@example.com.