Conditions of the Scholarship
The scholarship is composed as follows:
- Subsistence allowance to cover the living costs, medical insurance and a materials allowance: 1,400.00€/month
- Coverage of tuition fees at the student’s entrance university for the duration of the scholarship
- Special needs fund: 250€/month
Students with fewer opportunities will receive a special needs fund (250€/month) in addition to the scholarship of 1,400.00€/month if one of the following criteria applies:
- Refugees/asylum seekers (with the respective status)
- Students with caring responsibilities (of children between 0-18; you need to provide the birth certificate of your child) (or of parents/family members with certified disabilities/impairments; you need to provide a confirmation that you are the carer)
- Students with disabilities and learning disabilities (if you have a disability pass)
- Students with chronic diseases (medical confirmation)
Please note that applicants who already receive a state scholarship can also apply and will not be excluded, provided they meet the admission requirements. However, they are requested to indicate the source of the state funding in their application.
Arqus scholarships CANNOT be combined with other EU-funded scholarships.
The scholarship will be paid throughout the student’s studies with the following maximum duration but not beyond the end of the funding period of this scholarship scheme, which is 30.09.2026:
- Master students: according to the regular duration of the chosen Master’s programme (maximum 12, 18 or 24 months)
- Doctoral students: maximum 36 months.
The start of the scholarship is dependent on admission to the degree programme.
Students selected for this Arqus Talent Scholarship must complete a compulsory mobility at a second Arqus partner university. The mobility can take the form of a:
- Study period
- Research stay
The minimum duration of the mobility is 1 month. The maximum duration depends on the regulations of the respective entrance university.
The Arqus European University Alliance encourages applicants for multiple and longer stays. Applicants who plan multiple and/or longer stays in their studies will be given priority in the selection process.
Successful applicants will also be required to participate actively in Arqus activities and act as Arqus Ambassadors within their two Arqus universities.
Please note that there will be one payment/semester. The second and further payments are dependent on the confirmation of enrolment and your academic performance (transcript of records) as a Master’s student and your progress as doctoral students (progress report confirmed by your supervisor).
The tuition fees will be paid/reimbursed directly to you. You will need to present the payment confirmation of the tuition fees.
All selected students must sign a Grant Agreement that regulates the special conditions of the Arqus Talent Scholarship Fund.
A template of the Grant Agreement can be downloaded here.